During the past weeks, I have seen many posts on various Facebook groups regarding how to fill out the application for Phase 2 of the Corona Hardship Fund (Härtefall-Fond). For this reason, I thought it would be helpful to provide an English translation of the information that can be found in German on this page under the heading “Welche Unterlagen soll ich für die Beantragung vorbereiten?”
The Chamber of Commerce (WKÖ) handles the subsidies for the Austrian Federal Government. For this purpose, they need you to provide some data for identification purposes. You will need to have the following documents/information ready before you begin filling out the application:
- Your personal tax number (Steuernummer)
- Your social security number (Sozialversicherungsnummer)
- Please also have your valid identity card (Personalausweis), passport (Reisepass) or driving licence (Führerschein) ready for identification.
After you have completed and sent the application form, you will receive an e-mail asking you for this proof of identification.
You will need to enter the following values into the online form:
- Revenue (Erträge)/operating income (Betriebseinnahmen, revenue from goods/services) for the period under consideration (Betrachtungszeitraum, e.g. the first period under consideration could be: 16 March – 15 April 2020); in simplified terms, the “turnover” (Umsatz) during this time; these are the values that you will need to enter into the fields numbered “9040” and “9050” of Supplement E1a of the income tax return (Einkommensteuererklärung). Please always enter the values WITHOUT added sales tax, even if you normally enter the values with sales tax when you calculate your income (Einnahmen-Ausgaben-Rechnung). You will find more detailed information about this in the chapter on “Calculation” (Berechnung).
- Positive net income from additional income (Nebeneinkünften, this income can include, for example, income from rentals/leasing or other employment);
- Your KUR number (Kennzahl des Unternehmensregisters) or GLN (Global Location Number), if you have it at hand.
- Freelancers do not have to enter KUR or GLN
- Domestic bank account (Inländische Kontoverbindung) in your name.
- Benefits that were received in the respective period under consideration from private or professional insurance due to COVID-19 and/or an estimate of insurance benefits that will be received in the future in terms of amount (Versicherungsleistungen).
Once your data has been entered, don’t forget to click on “Submit” at the end of the form. On the confirmation page, you can upload documents directly. You will find your funding application on this confirmation page as a PDF file, which you can save or print out for your own documentation.
You will then receive a confirmation e-mail. Please note: This e-mail does not confirm that your application for funding has been approved. In this e-mail you will also receive a link. Here you can also upload your proof of identity at a later date.
Attention: The WKÖ can only process your application once these steps have been taken.
As soon as the examination of your application is completed, you will receive an e-mail notification and if the funding guidelines are met, the money will be transferred to your account.